I’m very intrigued by Curlformers styling products. The brightly coloured ‘curlformers’ (or thingamajigs) give one a strange Eighties appeal and remind me of the wraps people used to sleep in. Thankfully these require no overnight wearing, and a simple application will give you dreamy looking curls.
The concept is pretty simple, separate the hair, choose the Curlformer, apply, wait and remove. The images all look like they’re highly effective and the different colours each signify which way the hair curls- one is forwards and the other backwards.
They have 3 lengths and 3 widths, and a handy guide on which to choose and why:
- Short & Wide: for typical curls on shorter hair.
- Short & Narrow: for ringlet curls on shorter hair.
- Long & Wide: for typical curls on up to shoulder length hair.
- Long & Narrow: for ringlet curls on up to shoulder length hair.
- Extra Long & Wide: for typical curls on longer than shoulder length hair.
I think the results are fabulous and quite curious to try. I guess the attraction is that your hands will be free to dress and do makeup- the downside of curling with GHD’s is that it takes so freaking long. You use them on wet hair, and they say you should leave them in as long as possible, even sleep with them if you so desire. Why would you use these over hot rollers though? I’m not quite sure..
They’re about to do a big push in the UK though, so get ready to see them in lots more places. From around $47.99 for a pack.